Welcome to the website of the Public Health Bureau, Chiayi City (the Website). In an effort to ensure your security for using the services and information provided by the Website, we would like to introduce to you the Website's privacy and information security policies. Please carefully read the following articles, which are aimed at protecting your interests.
(1) Range of Coverage
This policy applies to the use and protection of personal information collected when using the services offered by the Website. This policy is not applicable to websites of other government agencies or non-government agencies that can be accessed via hyper links provided by the Website.
(2) Collection and Utilization of Information
- In order to provide you the best interactive services, a portion of the services offered by the Website will ask for personal information.
- The Website will log the users' IP address, the time of accessing the website as well as the frequency of accessing or looking at various data.
- The Public Health Bureau, Chiayi City will not arbitrarily sell, exchange or rent your personal information to other groups, individuals or private organizations except in the following circumstances:
(a) the data is required in conjunction with legal investigations carried out by judicial agencies, and (b) the data is required in conjunction with inquiries or needs in the course of work by related authoritative agencies.
- Based on internal management needs of the Website, aggregate analysis of the access to various items and use of the Website by users may be carried out to serve as important reference data to improve service quality.
- The Public Health Bureau, Chiayi City must be notified should a user quote, cite or use any information from any of the pages of the Website. In addition, the source of any information used must be cited.
(3) Information Security
The computer system housing the Website is equipped with a firewall, anti-virus systems and other necessary security measures. Strict protection measures have been introduced to safeguard the Website and users' personal information. Only authorized personnel are able to access your personal information.
Security measures have been undertaken to ensure that all information provided on the various pages in the Website cannot be accessed or invaded by a third party during transmission.
(4) Other websites access
The Website will inscribe and read cookies in your computer under the following circumstances in order to provide services tailored to your needs:
- Cookies are established when you register or log on to the Website and are amended when you log off.
- Cookies are used to tabulate the number of hits and to analyze surfing habits among users. The data collected is used for reference in helping operators of the Website to improve services.
If you are unwilling to accept cookies, you can set the level of security (located under Internet Options in your browser) to High and refuse acceptance of any cookies. This will, however, prevent certain functions of the Website from operating normally.